
After months and months of occasional, focused work on our wedding invitations, they are complete and in the mail! I experienced a burst of happy interest in finishing them up, not to mention the return date already printed on the RSVPs was July 31st. Probably best to get the invitations out before that date arrived, yes?


As I mentioned, I designed and printed the four main components (enclosures) on our Canon inkjet printer, using a font I located on 1,001 Free Fonts. I utilized copper, dark olive green and leaf green for all details. The "main" invitation card and the map card were the largest, while the hotel/activities card and the RSVP needed to be cut to size. The latter three were tucked into the invitation pocket, with only the "title" of each card exposed.

I carved the image of an agave plant for the central invitation card. I stamped the image with a copper stamp pad and then raised it with clear embossing powder. That card was glued in next to the enclosure pocket.
I then used a Martha Stewart punch on the invitation flap, and attached a small copper closure card by threading my Paper Source "leaf" ribbon through the punched holes. Voila. The whole project was topped off with address and return address labels printed in the same "One Forty Seven" font, and wonderfully matchy 61 cent wedding cake stamps!

It was extremely gratifying to drop the 37 invitations in the mail! I have a renewed interest in all kinds of wedding craft projects and I'm so appreciative of the generous help and excitement my friends and family are offering!
No comments:
Post a Comment