

Here is what I do remember. Yumm Bowl. A new restaurant, Cafe Yumm, opened recently, a block away from our apartment. The cuisine is a strange melding of many culinary themes and my dish of choice is a tasty vegetarian mashup that includes brown rice, a rich tomato stew with zucchini and corn, cheese, avocado, black olives and a curious pale yellow sauce with a lemon tang. Jesse ordered BBQ tofu on a skewer. The tofu was cooked in my favorite way, chewy on the outside and airy and egg-like on the inside. I must figure out how to accomplish that technique at home.
Helvetia Tavern with their renowned burgers drenched in 1000 Island and their ceiling covered in baseball caps. I inadvertently took photographs of the Roloff farm. I imagined living out there, in the serene outskirts of the county, where the drizzly rain seems more tolerable and a variety of farm animals dot the landscape. It seems as though creativity would come naturally out there. I'd like to make a cozy workshop in a corner of an old barn where you need to wear big sweaters and rubber boots to stay warm and dry. And owls watch you work from the eaves.

We registered at REI on Saturday, hoping that we might be able to secure all the necessary camping tools. The lady who helped us set up the registry was extremely excited about our impending vows and just about fell on the floor when she saw my ring. People really like to hear about weddings.
eating tofu, my my! You're beautiful. I enjoy your writings.
ReplyDeleteThank you, dearheart. I obtained some tofu cooking instructions, but I have yet to bravely attempt them!
ReplyDelete