4.29.2009

pay it forward

I just made a wonderful discovery. I was one of the first five people to comment on a recent entry on a blog I enjoy, and for that I will be mailed a special handmade gift...if I promise to make the same offer to readers of my new little blog. This reminds me of a possibly failed Facebook project I saw a little while ago. This time, the promise of a handmade goody arriving at my house is enough to prompt me to offer some goodies to you!

Here are the rules:

1. The first 5 people to post comments on this entry will receive a handmade gift from me.
2. I will tentatively say that this gift will be a handbound book. If you are specifically opposed to this gift, let me know and I'll come up with something else.
3. I will make and mail this gift within 6 months.
4. Please email me with a couple favorite things: colors, objects, animals, seasons, textures, etc. Also include your mailing address!
5. I don't anticipate complaints about a free present, so I won't add any disclaimer on that topic.
6. If you are one of the first 5 to comment, please repost this offer (with your own rules) on your blog so you can make gifts for others. If you don't have a blog, please find another way to bestow a surprise on a friend or stranger.

That's it. I look forward to hearing from 5 lucky winners!

5 comments:

  1. The more you give, the more you get! I think this is a bloody fantastic idea and you are on track to be showered with all you ever wanted in life. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you just looking for reasons to make stuff? I recall a discussion about a cookbook at one point...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, 4th isn't too bad!! I think you are a great artist, and look forward to a handmade treat from you!!! I think it's a great idea, and am glad to be a part of it! I hope you are a happy stay at home mom w/ a busy Esty shop sometime in the near future!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how randomly I came upon this. I am such a big fan of this idea especially for people you do not necessarily know. I think it is spectacular and I am going to do the same!

    ReplyDelete